- Week 1
- PUPS 1: Design and Free Body Diagrams
- Lab 1: Get Arduino connected and controlling the Stepper Motor: Here's a picture.
- Seek and Geek 1: Apple Lathe
- Week 2
- Week 3
- PUPS 3: Machine Design Specification
- Lab 3: Linear Stage
Here's an idea I had for a linear stage based on the PUPS/semester project. With highly deformable wheels, we can get a large surface area contacting the composite rail so as to minimize stress, and it can engage vertically with the nuts themselves in addition to hanging on by friction alone.
I quickly mocked it up from scrounged materials. It kind of worked! Good enough for a proof-of-concept. I need to make sure the third wheel is pre-loaded against the frame and that it's contact line is stiffly aligned with the plane generated by the contact line of the two other wheels.
The reason this is so janky is the lack of stiff preload on the third wheel closest the camera. On an actual machine, I'll use rails to make sure they are well aligned and that the third clamping wheel is on a servo to be able to mount/unmount as needed by the Momma Bot.
- Seek and Geek 3: Hi-Lok Aircraft Fasteners
- Week 4:
- Updated 3/3/2016
Still going through concepts for my machine, so the final scale robot half + analysis won't be done until I decide on a final concept. Fuselage half is complete, though!
- PUPS 4/Lab 4: Kinematic Coupling
Seek and Geek 4: Robot Leg Analysis/Comparision
- Week 5
- Week 6
- Here are some ROUGH mockups of what the bot might look like, that Prof. Asada requested before a visit with Boeing. While I'm being careful not to pidgeonhole myself in one design, it's nice to see a concept fleshed out:
- PUPS 6: Machine Design Concept Exploration (PUPS 5 and 6 have melded together because all the details require each other. I've been fleshing out a lot about the details from both, but I also feel I can't quite finish either until I have more of the design converged. Then I can use Error Budgeting and deeper analysis of any concepts and modules that I still have to weigh against each other in order to break any ties)
- Seek and Geek 6: Best of ABC's Battlebots 2015
- Week 7
- Week 8
- Week 9
- Week 10
- PUPS 5,6,7,8 PUPDate (April 18)
- PUPS 5678 PUPDate (April 19)
- Seek and Geek 8: My car got sideswiped and the Passenger side mirror came off in a very inspect-able fashion. Probably gonna post about the mirror servo mechanism when I replace the mirror.
- Week 11
- PUPDate: Final Design Details and CAD
- Seek and Geek 9: Black and Decker electronic screwdriver with flexure-based electrical contacts on the motor.
- Week 12
- Week 13
- Week 14